Opening day ceremonies on December 15th marked the beginning of the first ski season at Chongli Thaiwoo Four-Season Resort. The resort, set in the alluring Hebei Province, will provide for the perfect weekend getaway from the major metropolitan city of Beijing.
The sport of skiing, a fairly new recreational sport in China, has taken off over that past decade. As one of the newest skiing destinations in the country, Chongli Thaiwoo Four-Season Resort will have 436 hectares of ski trails at final completion.
Not a skier? The resort has you covered! From zip lines to nightclubs, the resort will operate year round and provide a multitude of activities for all ages. Reminiscent of the typical European-style village, the pedestrian streets are lined with shops and restaurants to enliven the buildings at the base of the mountain. At complete build-out the buildings designed by Zehren will total nearly 125,000 square meters and will include the following:
- A five-star hotel…the Hyatt Regency
- A skier base lodge/ restaurant
- A four-star hotel (self-operated)
- A four star hotel…the Starwood Element
- A four-star hotel…the Hyatt Place
- A condominium with resort spa
- A gondola building
- Retail spaces within the hotels and lodge
- A cinema and karaoke within one of the hotels
The master plan for Chongli Thaiwoo was designed by Ecosign, while the resort buildings and pedestrian street were designed by Zehren and Associates.
Click HERE for more information on the design.